About Me

My photo
hihi^^ Welcome to me blog, feel free to bounce around^^ (tat's wat tigger do best^^)

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Chapter 3: Retreat, Rejuvenate, Refresh and Restart

Day Bright
It was the first day of 2010, where most people would be spending time with their families and friends, while I…..was tired….. I slept at 3am, playing couple of games using mahjong tiles and a can of Tiger to go with; not only that, we….. “boil” movies too…….well actually its not movie lar, is anime lar….=.=”
 Actually church organized a leaders’ retreat (2days 1 night), where most leaders will be going up to Genting to pray with pastor. Today is our turn, all the youth leaders with their disciples are going to that place to pray. Everyone gathered at church and we left at 11:45, I think……..
We stopped by at Genting Sempah for lunch at McD. The weather there was quite cold, you can feel the cool breeze blowing. At 1pm, we headed to Genting View Resort. We didn’t actually put up a night in GVR, we just stayed at a villa nearby. It was quite cold , colder than the previous year, hence jacket is needed. Well I brought mine, a very thick and costly one, and…….it looks like those jacket where motorist wear when they ride their bike. People see me will say, “hey goin a ride?”…….oh well, its still a jacket…..



The dorm, was………quite perfect. Double decked beds with 4 in 1 toilet. 4 heaters, wow, amazing…. But only 2 are usable. I tested the 1st one, without knowing the pipe was damaged, I turn on the shower quickly and water splashed all over my shirt and pants, wet………. The 2nd shower was good, but the 3rd, I remembered my mistake, not to turn so fast, but without knowing the temperature was set to the max, the hot boiling water splashed me and guess what, I’m toast-(ed)!!....(groan)……

Outside the dorm.....


The purpose of this trip is to have a relax mind and seek god for His words. Seek god for His words, but I forgot to bring my bible….:( what a bummer…. At 2pm we started praying individually, everyone was “scattered” around the villa (there were 32 of us……I think, haha), while I was on the top of the villa, praying. At the first 45mins, I was……….not concentrating on my prayers. My mind flew here and there, and my eyes kept looking left and right. When I was about to concentrate, I saw two person walking here and there and sitting down under a tree talking, so I stand behind the pillar that will block my vision of the two person, and started concentrating on prayers. Not long later, the wind blew so hard that the door beside me gave a loud “thud!”. I was shock, apparently……oh man!! How can I concentrate??!! Thank God, the prayer time lasted 2 hours; I was back on track after an hour.

Twilight
After dinner we discussed about Dream Factory. Many suggestions, many opinions, and……many things to do. Everyone was united, and came up to a conclusion, so as the ICU’s. I guess this trip up here is worth the time, though….

Morning (2nd day)
We had bible study. Poor me, I left my bible, (sigh)…… But still, I managed to share with Ben, and we read together. Both of us have the same feeling together, perhaps this is where they called “spirit unity”, where we both felt……………..boring….hahahaha!!! well, looking at the bible in the early morning plus the cool weather sure made us feel like dozing…..But then I managed to stay alert for God’s word, where I came across Proverbs 3:5 where it says not to rely on our own strength but to rely on God and He will guide you. It is true I always rely on myself, maybe because I don’t trust people much. For the past few years I had experienced the total disappointment of trust, which makes me can’t trust people anymore. I hate to rely on people, especially on school assignments and projects. I always wanted to do it myself where others did in groups. I feel that group members will be the chain metal ball tied on my legs. I always think that I can do this and that, with my own strength. I fell, and I climb up myself, even in my studies, I rely on my own strength, which makes me ended up in fatigue, failure and frustration. Is this a life of a Christian? Many of times God has given me chances and opportunity to rely on Him, I just let it go. But I prayed this time with this bible verse, it gave me a confirmation that if I rely on God and not my own strength, I can go further, and this is what I’ve got from this retreat, to rejuvenate myself from the scars from the past, and to refresh for the new year….

No comments:

Post a Comment